In the September release of Docs, we got a new tool to compare 2 versions of a Revit, IFC or DWG file. The new tool looks like the model compare we already had in BIM 360 Team.
But did you know that you can also generate a report with the differences between the 2 versions?
In the last column you can see detailed information about how an object is changed between the 2 versions:
This gives us a lot of control to manage the different versions.
- Open up a Revit, IFC or DWG file with different versions
- Within the viewer open the window with the versioning information
- Click on the compare button
- A window will pop up with a bunch of tools to filter all the difference.
In my example didn’t wanted to see the objects that has been deleted, so I unchecked the “Remove” button.
I also unchecked the “Transformation” button in the “Modification Type” tab to exclude repositioned objects.
Just as a small side step: when you select a object in the list below, a new window will show you all the differences for this object between the 2 versions:
- Finally with the tiny button in the title bar, you can export a detailed list with all the filtered changes to a *.csv file which you can open in Excel.